Fresno dating service

31-Jul-2017 21:23

Most parties choose dissolution rather than a legal separation.

Dissolution divides property and debts, makes orders regarding child custody, child support and spousal support, and terminates the marriage (restoring the parties to the status of unmarried persons).

The court you file in is the court that handles your dissolution case unless both parties have moved from the county and have formally obtained a change in venue.

You do not have to meet any of the above residency requirements to request either a legal separation or a nullity of marriage.

A marriage may be dissolved on the grounds of incurable insanity " . To file for dissolution, either you or your spouse must meet California's residency requirements.

Either you or your spouse must have lived in California for at least six (6) months prior to filing your case AND either you or your spouse must have lived in the county where you will be filing the dissolution case for at least three (3) months prior to filing your case.

If you are an attorney in good standing and you are interested in being placed on a Family Law Court Appointed Counsel List to render services when needed, click here to obtain application and agreement.If one party files documentation requesting a legal separation and the other party file documentation requesting dissolution, the judge will grant the dissolution.